Header Ads

"I Moved To China To Secure My Kids' Future".. Watch Igahlo's Interview


Super Eagles striker Odion Ighalo has revealed that he made the move to China to secure the future of his children.

Just like every other move to China, many believed the striker made the move for money which he admitted to.
The 27-year-old father of three said he made the move to secure the future of his children.

Part of the decision I went to China was for them,” the striker said in an interview with Linda Ikeji TV.
Now they won’t understand the type of sacrifice because they are young. But when they grow up and see everything I have achieved and put in their name in they will appreciate. I don’t regret moving to China,” he addedOn life in China, the former Watford striker said
It's been great, I have been there only five months, its great and comfortable, the club have supported me. Everything I want they have given it to me so I can focus on my family.
He also revealed that he has not moved his family to China because his children are settled in London.
My family has not moved to China, my kids still go to school in London. I don’t want to move them because the education in London is much better than in China,” he revealed.
In another chat, Ighalo revealed he has become multi-lingual after playing in several countries throughout his career.
Since leaving Nigeria in 2007, Ighalo has played in Norway, Spain, Italy, England and now China.

While playing in these countries, the striker has managed to learn the basics of the main language of each of the countries.

Now playing in China for Changchun Yatai, the club he joined in January 2017, the striker has started Chinese classes.
I take two-hour classes every day to learn Chinese, I speak a little Norwegian, I speak Italian, I speak Spanish fluently,” the former Watford striker said in an interview with Linda Ikeji TV. 
I always love to learn languages to be able to communicate very well. 
Sometimes it’s difficult with the language barrier, but if you understand a little bit and have an idea of what they are saying, you will be fine.
Ighalo started his career in Nigeria with Prime FC and Julius Berger before travelling to Norway to play for Lyn in 2007.

He moved to Italy to play for Udinese the following year before moving over to Spain to play for Granada first on loan in 2009. He returned to Italy in 2010 to play for Cesena but moved back to Spain again to play for Granada.

From Spain, he joined English side Watford in 2014, where played until January 2017 when he moved to China to play for Changchun Yatai

Watch the video below courtesy LindaIkeji TV

No comments