Header Ads

"It Was Not A Dive...Moses Was Tired"- Conte Leaps To Victor Moses' Defence

Chelsea boss Antonio Conte has come out in defence of Victor Moses and refuses to accept the Nigerian dived in the FA Cup final against Arsenal.

Moses was sent off for a second bookable offence after diving in order to try and win a penalty in the second half of the final at Wembley on Saturday.

Arsenal eventually ran out 2-1 winners against the ten-men Blues, who were outplayed for large swathes of the afternoon.

Anthony Taylor’s decision to send Moses off had little impact on the result of the match, but Conte believes that his player was simply “tired”.

“I don’t know for sure but there is a lot of attention in this moment,” Conte said. “Sometimes I think it could be tiredness and I don’t think – and I repeat – if my player dived he did it with the real intention to do this.

“We are at the end of the season and a lot of players are tired and then there is a lot of pressure.

“For sure it is not a good situation to dive, it is true. But I repeat Moses is an honest player and if there was this situation he was tired and he didn’t want to cheat the referee.”

No comments