Header Ads

Omeruo Rules Out Remaining At Chelsea, Backs Head Coach Rohr After Dropping Him

Nigeria defender Kenneth Omeruo has said he would rather go out again on loan than sit on the bench at Premier League champions Chelsea in the new season. 

Omeruo, 23, has completed a season-long loan spell at Turkish club Alanyaspor and will be part of Chelsea pre-season training next month.


“For now, I’m a Chelsea player”, Omeruo said in Lagos.


“I’ve only been out on loan. Now that my loan period at Alanyaspor is over, I will be returning to Chelsea for our pre season.


“No decision has been made if I’m still going out on loan or staying at Chelsea. The important thing for me is that I’m still playing regularly.


“If I will have to stay at Chelsea and not be playing games, then I won’t stay, that is it for now”.


The defender also used the opportunity to back Super Eagles head coach Gernot Rohr after the German was criticized for dropping Omeruo for Chidozie Awaziem in Nigeria's 2-0 loss against South Africa.

“It happens in football, but we will learn from this and move on better,” he said.

“The coach made a decision, and as players, we must back him and others picked for the team to succeed.”

No comments